Kickboxing or Aeroboxing is a class that takes moves from kickboxer training and choreographs them to music. Workouts are a combination of martial arts moves and cardio. Members in the class follow the lead of the instructor while performing jump rope, shadow-box, forward kicks, punches and fancy footwork. Other exercises such as squats and lunges may be incorporated in the workout.
Here are four reasons you need to join our kickboxing classes!
1) Increased stamina. By taking a Kickboxing class, you will develop aerobic and anaerobic fitness. You’ll not only build up your cardio fitness level, but your strength as well.
2) Improved Coordination. In the beginning, if you haven’t taken a Kickboxing class before, you may feel a little out of sorts. But don’t give up! You will improve your coordination and balance with each class. The instructor will help you with modifications if necessary.
4) For any fitness level. This class is great for both the experienced and novices. There are many different modifications as well as more advanced exercises so that everyone has a satisfying workout.
Other tips if you’re new to Kickboxing:
- Start out slow and keep moving throughout the class. If you feel that your coordination is off, don't worry each class will get easier once you've learned a few moves.
- Try to pay attention to the moves and the names of the kicks and punches.
- Be ready to increase your energy and relieve a lot of stress through this class!
See you in class! To see our schedule of classes, click here